Chickpea flour is also known as Besan and gram flour and is among the most cherished elements in Indian kitchens.It is not just utilized in cooking however and is among the ancient remedies used for beautiful skin.It helps to tighten the epidermis naturally, eliminates dark spots from the skin and also gets rid of a tan with no trouble. Besan includes skin cleaning and lightening properties which promote radiant skin.Continue reading “Homemade chickpea flour beauty masks”→
According to the dictionary, honey is a sweet yellowish or brownish fluid produced by various bees from the nectar of flowers. Besides using honey as food, did you know that honey is one of the oldest and most effective beauty aids?
Honey contains waxes, sugars, and traces of minerals. It is a natural moisturizer, as well as an anti-irritant making it suitable for sensitive skin types. Honey can be found in many of the beauty products you find in your local drug store or favorite beauty supply store. Some of these products can be very expensive to purchase and many of these products can be made at home.
Try some of the following honey beauty tips below. Please be sure not to use honey on your skin if you are allergic to it!
1. Honey mask: Apply pure honey to your face and allow it to set until dry. This will take about 15 minutes. Once dry, rinse your face with warm water.
2. Body glow bath: To moisturize, smooth, and get an all over body glow, keep a jar of honey next to your bath. Apply honey on your skin and pat dry using both hands. While patting your skin, the honey will get sticky and gently pull up your skin. Rinse away the honey when you are done. The results will be great circulation and beautiful, glowing skin!
3. Honey bath: For sweet smelling and soft skin, add ¼ to ½ cup of honey to your bath water.
4. Honey scrub: Mix 1 teaspoon of honey with a little almond flour into the palm of your hand. Gently apply on your face for a facial scrub. Rinse your face with warm water to remove honey scrub.
5. Daily facial cleanser: Mix 1 teaspoon of honey with a little milk powder into the palm of your hand. Apply on your face to clean away dirt and makeup and then rinse with warm water.
6. Shiny Hair: To add some shine to your hair, mix 1 teaspoon of honey, a squeeze of fresh lemon, and 1 quart of warm water. Shampoo your hair as usual and then pour the honey mixture on your hair. Allow your hair to dry as normal. You do not have to rinse out the honey mixture.
7. Hair conditioner: For healthy hair and scalp, combine ½ cup of honey and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Saturate your hair with the honey mixture, put on a shower cap and allow it to remain on hair for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, shampoo and rinse your hair as you normally do.
8. Skin toner: To firm, smooth, and moisturize your skin, combine 1 peeled, cored apple with 1 tablespoon of honey in a blender. Pulse honey mixture until smooth. Gently apply honey mixture on face and allow it to remain for 15 minutes. Rinse your face with warm water to remove the honey mixture.
With the above beauty tips, you can create affordable spa-like products at home. Honey is a wonderful beauty product because it contains naturally occurring enzymes, vitamins, and minerals. Be sure your honey is all natural by purchasing only 100% pure honey to create your beauty products.
Lesley Dietschy is a freelance writer and the founder of http://www.HomeDecorExchange.com – The Home Decor Exchange is a valuable website full of information and resources about home and garden decorating.
In addition to editing the Home Decor Exchange website, Lesley is a crochet pattern designer and needle fiber artist. You can view her crochet patterns and needle fiber designs at: http://www.ErinOliviaDesigns.Etsy.com
Just as you make an effort to keep your skin from sunburn and damage it is also vital not to neglect your feet. For most of the year your feet are cooped up in shoes all day without much chance for them to breathe fully.Continue reading “Homemade natural foot scrubs”→
In today’s beauty-conscious society, women have so many options to choose from when it comes to skin care. They can choose in the variety of treatments and products that promise appealing, yet oftentimes superficial, beauty benefits.
Homemade beauty treats
But you see, you don’t really need to spend a lot of money just to have a smooth and flawless skin. Availing different kinds of treatments and beauty products to make your skin look healthier and younger is very expensive, especially if your budget is only limited. Why spend thousands of dollars in conventional beauty enhancement regimen when you can pamper yourself with natural skin care treatments in the comfort of your home?
Homemade skin care treatments as an alternative beauty regimen
If you enjoy using natural concoctions as an alternative for expensive facial treatments and products, then homemade skin care is a perfect beauty option for you. Apart from the fact that homemade skin treatments are inexpensive compared to the ones offered at spas and salons, these treats are also safe and easy to do. It is also actually fun doing this type of beauty regimen, especially if you try it with friends. Homemade beauty treats also save you a lot of time as you no longer need to go the salon or spa for skin care treatments.
Must-try homemade skin care recipes
So if you haven’t tried any homemade skin care treatment before, the following are some of the widely known natural skin care recipes that are worth checking out:
1. Facial mask – cucumber/honey/oatmeal
For a must-try natural skin care moisturizer, one of the most popular homemade treat is the facial cucumber/honey/oatmeal mask. What you need are the following ingredients:
* One to two teaspoons of uncooked oatmeal * One tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil * ¼ pureed or mashed cucumber * One tablespoon of organic honey
You need to mix all the ingredients together until a thick paste is formed. You can add additional olive oil if you prefer a thinner texture. After mixing all the ingredients, you can gently apply the mask to your face, and wait for 10 to 15 minutes before rinsing with tepid water.
2. Egg white whitening mask
Now for a natural whitening skin care treatment, what you ought to try is the egg white mask. The following are the ingredients you need for the mask
* One tablespoon honey * One slightly beaten egg white * Two tablespoons agar-agar powder
In this particular natural skin care mask, you have to lightly beat the egg white until it becomes frothy. Next is to mix the gelatin and honey together, then add to egg white. After mixing all the ingredients together, you can then apply the mask on your face, and wait for 15 minutes before rinsing with tepid water.
3. Banana yogurt natural skin care mask
If you have a lot of bananas in your kitchen, then try concocting a banana yogurt mask for a natural skin care treatment. Below are the ingredients you need:
* ½ mashed ripe banana * One tablespoon organic honey * One tablespoon wheatgerm * One tablespoon whole milk or plain yogurt
Once you have all the ingredients, you need to mix them all together. Apply to the face, then wait for 10 to 15 minutes before washing off with tepid water.
What is the aspirin mask?The aspirin mask is a homemade BHA mask available to each and everyone of us, totally inexpensive and highly efficient, made of salicylic acid or tablets of aspirin.
BHA is known to help tremendously with cleaning pores from deep inside and therefore contribute to keeping our skin blemish-free. BHAs are efficient on existing blemishes as well, by helping them heal faster and keeping pores clean afterwards.
Good for:all skin types, especially normal to oily and combination skin, acne-prone and clogged skin.
Basic preparation: 1/4 tsp. salicylic acid (ask for it at pharmacy,but if you cannot find it, then crush 3-5 tablets of plain aspirin instead),then add distilled water. Mix the powder with the water until it becomes of a creamy consistence, apply on clean dry skin (focus on T-zone and sides of the nose). Keep it on until completely dry. Take a small cotton pad, wet it lightly and begin scrubbing the areas covered with the mask, making small circles. Finally, rinse with plenty of water.
Dealing with all of the environmental toxins today, can be quite aload on the body. A simple way to help combat these toxins is to take a detoxification bath. In spas today, the use of water therapy is very popular. Bathing in waters that contain various healing ingredients can help to release toxins, promote energy, circulation and well being.Continue reading “Beauty tip – Detoxify Your Body In 30 Minutes With A Bath”→
Not only is having soft summer skin a wonderful feeling, but the process of getting soft summer skin is wonderful, too. Anytime you do a facial or a body treatment, it is a wonderful feeling of indulgence. In addition, who doesn’t need a little feeling of indulgence every now and again?
Not just delicious, a strawberry is also a great skincare additive, especially due to its mildly astringent properties. Strawberry flesh and juice is recommended mainly for oily skin to improve texture, minimize greasiness and encourage a healthy and more radiant complexion. The ellagic acids in strawberries appear to inhibit the growth of tumors (cancer cells). They are also a good source of salicylic acid that removes dead cells and clean pores.Continue reading “Strawberry beauty – natural beauty recipes”→