The danger of exposure to the ultraviolet lights of the sun and tanning beds has been well established. The only safe tan is a fake tan. Using a sunless suntan lotion is the best way to get the color you want without the risks to your health. Skin cancer and premature aging of the skin are the most common health dangers resulting from exposure to UV rays. Continue reading “Tips To Using Sunless Suntan Lotion”
According to the dictionary, honey is a sweet yellowish or brownish fluid produced by various bees from the nectar of flowers. Besides using honey as food, did you know that honey is one of the oldest and most effective beauty aids?
Honey contains waxes, sugars, and traces of minerals. It is a natural moisturizer, as well as an anti-irritant making it suitable for sensitive skin types. Honey can be found in many of the beauty products you find in your local drug store or favorite beauty supply store. Some of these products can be very expensive to purchase and many of these products can be made at home.
Try some of the following honey beauty tips below. Please be sure not to use honey on your skin if you are allergic to it!
1. Honey mask: Apply pure honey to your face and allow it to set until dry. This will take about 15 minutes. Once dry, rinse your face with warm water.
2. Body glow bath: To moisturize, smooth, and get an all over body glow, keep a jar of honey next to your bath. Apply honey on your skin and pat dry using both hands. While patting your skin, the honey will get sticky and gently pull up your skin. Rinse away the honey when you are done. The results will be great circulation and beautiful, glowing skin!
3. Honey bath: For sweet smelling and soft skin, add ¼ to ½ cup of honey to your bath water.
4. Honey scrub: Mix 1 teaspoon of honey with a little almond flour into the palm of your hand. Gently apply on your face for a facial scrub. Rinse your face with warm water to remove honey scrub.
5. Daily facial cleanser: Mix 1 teaspoon of honey with a little milk powder into the palm of your hand. Apply on your face to clean away dirt and makeup and then rinse with warm water.
6. Shiny Hair: To add some shine to your hair, mix 1 teaspoon of honey, a squeeze of fresh lemon, and 1 quart of warm water. Shampoo your hair as usual and then pour the honey mixture on your hair. Allow your hair to dry as normal. You do not have to rinse out the honey mixture.
7. Hair conditioner: For healthy hair and scalp, combine ½ cup of honey and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Saturate your hair with the honey mixture, put on a shower cap and allow it to remain on hair for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, shampoo and rinse your hair as you normally do.
8. Skin toner: To firm, smooth, and moisturize your skin, combine 1 peeled, cored apple with 1 tablespoon of honey in a blender. Pulse honey mixture until smooth. Gently apply honey mixture on face and allow it to remain for 15 minutes. Rinse your face with warm water to remove the honey mixture.
With the above beauty tips, you can create affordable spa-like products at home. Honey is a wonderful beauty product because it contains naturally occurring enzymes, vitamins, and minerals. Be sure your honey is all natural by purchasing only 100% pure honey to create your beauty products.
Lesley Dietschy is a freelance writer and the founder of http://www.HomeDecorExchange.com – The Home Decor Exchange is a valuable website full of information and resources about home and garden decorating.
In addition to editing the Home Decor Exchange website, Lesley is a crochet pattern designer and needle fiber artist. You can view her crochet patterns and needle fiber designs at: http://www.ErinOliviaDesigns.Etsy.com
Article Source: [http://EzineArticles.com/?8-Honey-Beauty-Tips&id=491331] 8 Honey Beauty Tips
Hair is made of keratin,the same protein that makes up your nails and the outer layer of your skin. The part you see and style is called the hair shaft. It`s actually just dead tissue made by your hair follicles tiny bulb-like structures beneath your scalp`s surface.It is best not to use artificial colors or chemical preservatives when you are dealing with thinning hair. What you put on your hair should be sulfate free. The purer the products that are used,the better it will be for thinning hair. Continue reading “Tips for dealing with thinning hair and hair loss”
A plus size physique is no longer left out of the ever-changing world of fashion. Not so long ago, curvy women didn’t have the opportunity to shop from the same trendy selection as a more petite lady. Luckily, plus size clothing has taken a turn for the better. To that end, there are a few tips to help in the selection below of the most figure flattering attire for your body type. Continue reading “Top 10 Tips To Flatter A Plus Size Body Type”
The properties of the apple are mind-boggling. It has been increasingly used for shampoos, conditioners, face wash and many more. It is a true candidate of hair and skin care. Continue reading “Uses Of Apple For Your Skin”
Hair care is an important part of looking good and feeling good, both inside and out. There are an endless number of hair care products that promise to shape up, curl, straighten, moisturize and rejuvenate, but what is the best way to maintain healthy hair? Here are some basic tips to get you started. Continue reading “Beauty Tips For Improved Hair Care”
1. Keep Track:
Writing a symptoms diary can help. Recognise what`s going on throughout the month by noting how you feel from day to day. You can then schedule things to coincide with specific times. For example if you tend to feel great for a few days during your cycle, then that`s the time to take your driving test, or go to a job interview etc. Continue reading “10 Natural Ways to combat PMS”
If you watch the tabloids, you know that even the stars have bad hair days. It just seems that when the professional stylists are out of the picture, it is inherently human to have a less than glamorous mane. But you can do your part to stay ahead of the battle by following these great tips for hair care. Continue reading “10 Great Hair Care Tips”
Most people know that sun exposure can be quite detrimental to our skin. However, studies have recently found that sun damage can be reduced and prevented though the utilization of anti-oxidants. What are anti-oxidants? Anti-oxidants are molecules which basically slow down the oxidation process. Below, we will be looking at a popular anti-oxidant known as Vitamin E, and how it can prevent/reduce damage from UV rays. Continue reading “Beauty tip – Vitamin E for beautiful skin”